Online word count bulk tool.
Use the word count tool to check the number of words used inside the body of a web page. Submit multiple URLs and the tool will automatically extract all the text / content inside the HTML body tag for every single page.
Why should I use the word count tool?
Based on word count you’re not able to determine the quality of the content, but it gives you a good impression of the textual quantity.
Use this tool to find thin / shallow content pages, based on word count. The output of the tool helps you to decide if you have to improve your content. Important web pages should contain enough textual content to target multiple keywords, keyword variations and long tail search terms.
You can also check the percentage of anchor text words found on a page. If this number is close to 100% you have a page containing only links.
The following metrics are returned after performing a word count check.
- Total word count.
- Corrected word count (Total word count – Anchor text word count).
- Anchor text word count.
- Percentage of anchor text words.
After extracting the content filters are used to remove: HTML markup, Symbols, Single letter words, Punctuation, Spaces.
- This tool isn’t able to determine content quality or relevancy.
- Sometimes it doesn’t take a lot of words to cover a subject. Don’t just add words to generate more content.
- The corrected word count number is set at 250+ words. This doesn’t mean writing 249 words is wrong and 250 words is perfect.
- Use the Page Authority checker to determine the importance of a page
- Use the Keyword Suggestion Tool to generate relevant keyword ideas.