Valuable backlink checker.
Update: you can now view your most popular anchor text and destination URLs.
According to Google, “Content and Links going into your site” are the two most important ranking factors followed by RankBrain.
So, if you have your content in place, you probably should focus on backlinks pointing to your domain and important pages, because quality links can help you outrank your competitors and get you additional referrer traffic.
How to use the backlink checker?
The Free Backlink Checker is developed to give you access to the backlink profile of any site on the web. See who is linking to you and research your best performing content. Find your competitors most valuable backlinks and examine their backlink profile to spot patterns and possible link opportunities.
Backlink checker results explained
Have a closer look at these metrics, so you know how to interpret the results:
- The tool returns the 100 most valuable backlinks, depending on your selection:
- External backlinks pointing to a specific page.
- External backlinks pointing to your complete website.
- One Link per domain (site-wide links are reduced to a single link in the report).
- The links are sorted based on Ahrefs Domain rating.
- Anchor text (text or image used for the link).
- Follow / No-follow label.
- Follow links %.
- Total External Links.
- Referring Domains.
- Referring IPs.
- The option to check Domain Authority (DA) & Page Authority (PA).
- Most popular anchor text (the most used link text).
- Most popular URLs (these are the pages receiving the most backlinks).
Use the export function to generate a .CSV file for Excel.
How to improve your backlink profile?
Before you start working on improving your backlink profile make sure you have the right content in place. I won’t bother you with the mantra: “Content is King”, oh sorry just did ;-) But it you don’t have you don’t have interesting quality content, it will be pretty hard to get results from your link building efforts.
So now we have this covered, here are 3 link building strategies you can use to improve your website authority and backlink profile:
- Lost Link Recovery – Have a look at 404 pages with inbound links. Use a 301 redirect to make sure visitors and search engines get referred to the right page, which will also help you to recover your lost link value.
- Competitor backlink audit – Analyse the link profile of your competitor and research the opportunities, to match your, or even better outperform your competitors link profile and subject authority. When performing an competitor backlink audit you should also analyse inbound links pointing to top performing pages, so you don’t miss out on valuable link opportunities.
- Relation building – Find influencers in your market, who already published well performing content. For example: Best SEO Tools For.. , Top 10 products, etc. You know these authors are interested in your subject and are possible able (when they like your product or service) to get you in front of your audience and earn you a valuable link doing so. To quickly identify list post, resources and authors for your subject have a look at the Link Building Tool.
Other tool suggestion:
- Website Authority Checker, Check the Domain Authority (DA), Page Authority (PA), Website Age and Social Share Count for a website.
- Bulk Rank checker, Check the rankings of your website in Google.
- Free Link Building Tool, Find 100+ relevant link building opportunities with just 2 clicks.
What Are Backlinks
Backlinks are links pointing form website A to website B. Some frequent used synonyms (also in this article) are: external links, inbound links, incoming links.
The total number of backlinks and their quality pointing to your complete website result in the overall authority of your domain. The external links that all point to a specific page will help this page to rank in the search engine results (SERPs). The relevance and quality of an external link are very important factors when you like to measure the impact / value of an link. To find out more about quality links have a look at this article on: the Official Google Webmaster Central Blog – https://webmasters.googleblog.com/2010/06/quality-links-to-your-site.html
Backlink report filters
You can now use the search function to dig through your backlink profile and zoom in on backlinks with a specific anchor text or coming from domains within a specific Ahrefs domain rating range.
Here is a list of the available filter operators:
- Find a range of values between
- Wildcard for a single, non-space character.
- Wildcard for zero or more non-space characters.
- Logical “or”
- Logical “and”
- 16/04/2018 – Extra column “Destination page” added when performing a full domain backlink check.
- 16/04/2018 – Added most popular anchor text and most popular URLs Tabs.
- 16/03/2018 – Advanced backlink search filters.
- 09/04/2017 – Changed API from Moz to Ahrefs.
This tool is made possible by:
SEO Authority tools, SEO Tools