Domain Authority / Page Authority tool.
In the eyes of Google not all websites are equal. Some sites get tons of search traffic from Google each day (think of Wikipedia, Amazon, IMDB…), while others are struggling to show up in the SERPs (Search Engine Result pages). There are two major factors influencing the performance / rankings of your website in search:
- Authority – The authority of a website is based on the number of external backlinks, the quality and relevance of these links.
- Content – Great content is key, but needs authority to really excel. If you’d like to know more about content optimization I would suggest checking out the content tools available in this section.
The Website Authority Checker helps you to quickly check the authority of a website to give you a very strong indication how well a website can perform in Google.
The available metrics measured by this tool:
- Moz Domain Authority (DA) – The calculated authority for the complete website / domain, on a 1 – 100 scale.
- Moz Page Authority (PA) – The calculated authority for a specific page, on a 1 – 100 scale.
- Backlinks / external links pointing to a specific URL or domain.
- Website age and URL Age (estimation)
- Social Media score – The total share count from: Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Google+
- Google PageRank – The calculated authority on a 1 – 10 scale.
Google PageRank is no longer supported, because Google announced they won’t update this metric any more. Read more about PageRank.
How and when to use this tool?
There are multiple situations where the Website Authority Checker is the tool to use, to get the data a insights you need.
- To check the current authority of your website and or specific pages you’re building links for.
- To research the SEO strength of an competitor in the organic search results.
- To know the value of new links pointing to your website.
- To examine new linkbuilding opportunities.
What is Domain authority?
Domain authority is a metric, developed by SEO, to predict the ability of a website / domain to rank in search engines. Domain authority uses a 0 to 100 logarithmic scale. A high Domain authority score means your complete website / all the pages on your domain have the potential to rank well in search engine results.
What is a good domain authority score?
Ok, this is a question many people ask and there is no magic number here. It all depends, if you focus on a nice market, you might be able to compete with a 20 DA Score. But when you’re Competing with big brands and highly competitive keywords a DA 50 Score might not even be enough. To answer this question, list your organic search competitors. Add them to the bulk Domain and Page Authority Checker (you can check up to 10 results at a time) and scroll down to the bottom where you’ll find the average DA an PA for your query. This number will give you a good indication how you stack up to your competitors.
How to improve your Domain Authority?
Because Domain authority is calculated based on 40+ link based metrics by MOZ, you should focus on getting relevant quality backlinks from high authority domains. This is easier said than done, so to get you on your way I’ve developed the Free Link Building Tool that will help you to identify: Guest post, Resource listings and review link building opportunities.
Domain age vs Website age
This tool calculates Website age because it’s a better and more relevant SEO factor to measure compared to domain age. Especially when you compare Domain and Page Authority, website age shows you how a domain has developed over time. A Website age of 6.4 years means a website is 6 years and 4 months old.
- Domain age – the number of years since a domain has been registered.
- Website age – the first time since a website appeared on-line
Checkout this article by Ann Smarty on the subject “Domain age vs Website age”: http://www.searchenginejournal.com/domain-age-how-important-is-it-for-seo/7296/ In this video, Matt Cutts explains the difference and importance of Domain age (no value) and Website Age.
Improve your website authority? Use the Valuable Backlink Tool to check your competitors backlink profile and get some vital insights. Who is linking out to your competitors and would they be willing to link to your website? Analyse your most important competitors and start building new relationships and links. Receive more quality backlinks, based on Domain / Page Authority, and improve your chances to rank for relevant search terms.
- Valuable Backlink Tool
- Bulk Domain Authority & Page Authority Checker
- Free Link Building Tool
- Website Checker / SEO Audit
This tool is made possible by data from some of the best in the industry:
- 09/14/2017 – Added Ahrefs API for backlink count.
- 10/072014 – Removed PageRank (because it’s no longer supported by Google).