Google Question Generator.
Use the Featured snippet keyword tool to quickly identify questions related to your subject. Enrich and optimize your content to target the number 0 spot. By doing so, you’re able to claim multiple rankings for your keyword and generate maximum exposure for your content.
How does the Featured Snippet Tool work?
- Enter your keyword.
- Select your language.
- And the tool will generate the maximum number of questions related to your content.
- Select the relevant questions and start writing some top-notch content.
TIP: Use the SEO Content Assistant to help you with your writing job.
What are featured snippets?
Featured snippets are quick answers, that Google shows for question related searches, above all other search results. These snippet / answer blocks include a summary of the answer extracted from a webpage and sometimes an image. The most common form for a featured snippet is a paragraph, a list, a table or video).
Featured snippet formats
|Snippet Format||% of total snippets in search|
Featured snippet paragraph example
Featured snippet list example
Featured snippet table example
Featured snippet video example
When does Google show featured snippets?
Google displays a featured snippet in search when they believe this format will help people more easily discover what they’re seeking for. It’s basically an evolution taking place inside the search results focussed on improving overall user experience.
The relation between featured snippets Mobile and Voice search
According to Google, the featured snippet format is especially helpful for those on mobile or searching by voice. Since the incredible growth of both mobile and voice search (Mobile search traffic has surpassed desktop traffic worldwide), more people are doing voice queries every day.
Therefore Google will show the traditional 10 links format less and less, and rich results like featured snippets are Google’s answer to improve search experience.
How popular are featured snippets?
Based on an Ahrefs study approximately 13% of US search queries display featured snippets.
Because there’s a high level of language understanding and interpretation involved on Google’s part to extract and generate these direct answers, you can see big differences between languages, when it comes how often and when featured snippets are triggered.
How to optimize for featured snippets?
- Do your keyword research to find out what questions Google suggests based on your subject.
- Use this Featured Snippet Tool to generate featured snippet ideas.
- Perform a manual query’s to see what type of featured snippets you can find.
- Use the “People also ask” box to dig trough the other question Google returns related to your keyword.
- Research your Google Search Console keyword list to see how your site performs for question related keywords.
- Create quality content that is focussed on answering questions relevant to a specific subject.
- Make sure you rank in the top 10 for the query which triggers the featured snippet.
- Add images to your content that specifically match the keyword which triggers the featured snippet.
- Use proper HTML formatting:
- Wrap your question inside a H2 or H3 heading tag.
- Make sure the answer is presented in a paragraph tag (<p>), list item (<ul> / <ol>), or table (<table>) HTML format.
- Make sure the length of the answer approximately contains 45 and 60 words.
Opting out of featured snippets
For what ever reason you don’t want Google to use your content for featured snippets you can use the nosnippet tag:
<meta name="googlebot" content="nosnippet">
Important: This will remove all snippets on your page, including those in regular search results.
Current languages supported by the featured snippet question generator:
(is your language of choice missing from the list. Please let me know in the comments).
- English – Spanish – Portuguese – Deutsch – French – Dutch.
Because this tool is running on Google suggest data not al questions generated by the tool are equally relevant. That being said, this suggestions are exactly the same for user see, when performing a Google search query.
Related SEO Tools
To help you write successful SEO content I’ve developed a wide variety of content tools.
- Keyword suggest and synonym tool
- SEO Content Assistant
- Free keyword search volume tool
- Google Keyword Rank checker
One thought on “Featured Snippets Tool”