Keyword density tool.
When you enter an URL or you copy paste content into the text input field, this tool will extract the total number of keywords found inside the body of the webpage. After extracting all the words it will automatically calculate the frequency / occurrence for: One word phrase combinations, Two word combinations and Tree word combinations. Based on these numbers the keyword density is calculated.
When to use this tool?
(TIP) Looking to get more data? Try the API
This keyword density checker is a very helpful tool when you are:
- Performing competitor keyword research. Quickly extract the most used keywords and keyword phrases by entering the URL from top performing competitors.
- To check if your page is over-optimized and therefore vulnerable to specific parts of the Google algorithm like the former Panda update, designed to keep low quality content outside of the search engine index. Read more about over-optimization / keyword stuffing.
- Just to get a quick overview of the keyword usage for a specific webpage.
How important is keyword density for SEO?
For today’s search engines keyword density is just a very small factor when it comes to ranking pages for a specific keyword. It is however important to use your focus keyword(s) inside all the important on-page elements: Title tag, Meta description, H1, body, alt tag and internal links to make sure search engines understand your content. In addition to the on-page elements, off-page factors like: backlinks and anchor text still play a mayor role for search engines when indexing and ranking your webpages.
What is the best / ideal keyword density?
The best keyword density is like the ideal content length… A question asked by many and luckily answered by few. There is no exact answer to this question, because it all depends on the topic your writing about. Some topics ideal for long content forms and a lot of related keywords and synonyms. On the other hand you have the topics that are best served with a compact piece of content and a higher repetition of the same keywords. The best advice on this topic is writing natural and for human users instead of computers algorithms and crawlers.
To get you a useful keyword usage report, this tool does some filtering:
- The Title Tag, Meta Description and the Meta Keyword tag are all removed from the keyword statistics.
- In addition the comment section starting with the Id #comments, which is a very common for tag / identifier for most WordPress themes is removed.
- And finally all English stop-words are removed.
What is keyword density?
Keyword density is the percentage calculated based on the number of times a keyword occurs inside the content of webpage divided by the total word count. Keyword density / keyword frequency is still a pretty strong indicator to determine the main focus keywords and keyword phrases for a specific webpage.
- Keyword Research Tool – Get search volume, CPC, SEO difficulty score, and keyword suggestions for any keyword
- Google keyword suggestion tool – Get keyword suggestions and synonyms based on your input keyword.
- Featured Snippet Tools – Generate an wide range of questions related to your keyword to optimize your content for the featured snippet position in search.
- Keyword search volume tool – Check the search volume for your country based on Google search statistics.
- Keyword rank checker – Check your website rankings in Google.
- Extracted keywords, Keyword frequency and Keyword density