Google Page Experience Test.
The Page Experience audit tool helps you to perform an automated Page Experience analysis powered by official Google API data. Enter an URL and discover how well this page is optimized for Mobile, how fast you web page loads and how safe it is for visitors to use your website.
What is Page Experience?
Page experience is a combination of multiple signals developed by Google to measure how fast and safe it is for user to interact with a webpage, without encountering any technical barriers. Page experience combines multiple Google ranking factors including, Mobile-friendliness, Core Web Vitals, Safe-browsing, HTTPS, and intrusive interstitial guidelines.
Page Experience checklist
The Page Experience testing tool performs an review of your web page based on a 8 point checklist.
- Core Web Vitals
- The Core Web Vitals are designed by Google to measure user experience based on 3 key performance indicators:
- Contentful Paint (LCP), Used to determine loading performance.
- First Input Delay (FID) – Measures interactivity and user experience.
- Cumulative Layout Shift (CLS) – Checks visual stability of a web page.
- Determines if a page meets the technical requirements to be a good experience for mobile users.
- Checks if a website or web page isn’t suffering from one of these security issues:
- Web page contains Malware
- Web page contains Phishing
- Web page contains other forms of Social Engineering attacks
- Checks if a web page is served using a secure connection to ensure user and data security.
- Intrusive interstitial guidelines for mobile
- Perform a manual check to to see if a web page contains elements (popups or overlays) that prevent users from interacting with the page content.
Related Google Updates and documentation
- Intrusive interstitial guidelines for mobile: https://developers.google.com/search/blog/2016/08/helping-users-easily-access-content-on
- Page experience guide, by Google: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/page-experience
- Google Search Central Blog, Page experience Ranking update: https://developers.google.com/search/blog/2020/05/evaluating-page-experience
Related SEO Tools
- Core Web Vitals Test, measures how well your website is preforming for these 3 key metrics: LCP, FID and CLS.
- Save browsing checker, discover if your website is infected by Malware or malicious software.
- Mobile Friendly Checker, find out if your web page is optimized for mobile phones.
- Google SEO checker, see how Google looks at your webpage from a SEO perspective.
Tag: Google tools