SEO Content Editor & Keyword Suggestion Tool
Update: Meta description maximum length advice. This number is now to back to a recommended length of 160 characters
The SEO Content Editor helps you to optimize content for the web. You can just focus on writing GREAT content while the tool will calculate your SEO score and provide you with feedback to improve your content keyword focus, page titles, meta descriptions and a lot more. Use the editor to add text, images and YouTube video to write appealing content and when you’re done simply copy / past the result to your CMS of choice.
How to select the right focus keyword(s)?
When it comes to writing search engine optimized content, it all starts with the selecting the right focus keyword(s). This is why the SEO Content Editor comes with a built-in keyword suggestion tool. Add the main subject / focus keyword for your article and use the “get suggestions” button to generate an overview of related to keywords so you can compose a keyword theme for your blog post, service or product page. The tool enables you to select a primary focus keyword and secondary keywords from multiple sources:
- Web search suggestions
- Shopping suggestions
- YouTube suggestions
- News suggestions
And to give you an indication of the search popularity (measured over time) the tool will render a graph for the selected keyword.
SEO content checklist:
- Content keyword focus
- Text (keyword density)
- Image alt tag
- Image name
- Word count / Content length
- Content link count
- Page title length and keyword focus
- Meta description length and keyword focus
Warnings: (Warnings are triggered when over-optimization is detected)
- Multiple H1’s
- High keyword density aka Keyword stuffing
- Abnormal link count
- Web search, Shopping, YouTube and News suggestions
- Google Trends / keyword search popularity
For the time being you can’t save, export or push your documents / content to external tools or your CMS. This is on my to-do list so it will probably be part of the next release.
Related SEO Content tools
- Featured Snippet Tool, Quickly identify featured snippet opportunities related to your main subject / keyword.
- Keyword suggestion tool, Find related keywords and synonyms.
- Rank checker, See how well your content is ranking for multiple keywords.
- SEO Content Score checker, Check the SEO score for any public webpage.
- Keyword frequency checker, See how often keywords are used within the content of an URL or piece of text.