Word Count research sheet.
With the bulk Word count sheet you are able to check the statistics for up to 100 URLs with just a one click. In addition to word count the Google spreadsheet also collects these metrics from the SEO Review Tools word count API:
- Word count total, the sum of all the individual words on the page.
- Corrected word count, All the words found on the page with exception of the words used for links
(Word count total – Anchor text words = Corrected word count).
- Anchor text words, the total number of words used for link text / anchor text.
- Anchor Percentage, percentage of link text words.
Export your top 1000 organic landing pages form Google Analytics add these to the sheets. Hit the “get results” button and with the bulk word count checker sheet you are able to quickly uncover pages with almost no textual content. In this case you’re optimizing pages that are allready performing in Google search, but you can also use the same approach for your most popular products and category pages.
How to use this sheet
- Make a copy of this spreadsheet
- Register for the API (the API comes with a 15 day free trial)
- Enter your API key
- Enter a list of URLs
- Hit the “Get results” button
The first time you use the sheet
Please note that I will NOThave access to your account and you will be the owner of the script running in your account. Becuse the Google authorisation screens can look pretty intimidating ;-))
- Google will ask for authorization, click “Continue”
- Select the account you want to use
- Google will show the “Google hasn’t verified this app” message, click “advanced”
- Click “Go to ImportJSON (unsafe)”.
- On the “ImportJSON wants to access your Google Account”, click “Allow”
If you have any additional question or suggestions, don’t hesitate to contact me.